Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's all about meeeeee!

Ok. Normally I have some cool advice or perspective to give you. But today, this email is all about me. But don’t click away. There are still some pretty neat lessons and perceptions.

Here we go…

First, last week I sent you an email telling you all about my new EXPERIMENT. I’m in the middle of building and marketing a brand new show. I’m posting, step by step, each action I’m taking. You can follow the progress and the strategies on my Facebook Fan Page or Twitter.

If you're interested in seeing how I do it, follow me at the links below:

Twitter: @johnabrams1 or go to www.twitter.com/johnabrams1
Facebook: click here or go to www.facebook.com/rebelentertainers

I encourage you to comment on any post that interests you.

Next, on the big Q & A a couple of months ago, Rebel Entertainer David Baker (www.twistedideasballoons.com) wrote:

“Hey John,

Cool idea! Uhh, lets see... what was the best show you've ever put on, and what made
it a success?

David”

I said you could ask something personal and you did. The answer is kinda tough. After performing literally thousands of shows, I'm trying to think back at which were the MOST successful.

A few stand out in my mind.

My first one, of course, because it got me off my butt and started this whole crazy career.

But there are a few others. One of my favorites was one of the first magic shows I ever did. It was a 6th birthday party at a pizza place. The reason it sticks with me is because years later I befriended the family of the birthday boy. After seeing my show he started studying magic. He's now a teenager and is very serious about his magic. I inspired him to create and follow his life dream. I think that's pretty cool.

Financial success?

One of them wasn't a show. It was a showcase. In one 7-minute performance I booked 60 shows. And most of those still repeat year after year. I was new in the area and nobody had ever seen me before. With that one performance I was able to dominate that market for many years.

Another financial success was when someone saw me at a company picnic. They were from the Sheriffs Association of Las Vegas. They booked me after seeing the show and have hired me back 10 years in row. And it's a hefty pay. Not too bad.

Over the years, there have been so many laughing children, happy families and educated students and teachers that it's difficult to pick out more. But success to me is making this world a better place. And if I can do that, make some money, and support my family in the mean time, then it's just gravy.

I try to do that every day.

Email me your successes. I'll be happy to put them on my blog.

-John Abrams
Rebel Entertainer and Success
www.rebelentertainers.com
www.facebook.com/rebelentertainer
www.twitter.com/johnabrams1

2 comments:

FairyDust Faces said...

I love it when serendipity happens! I think of that quote 'Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity' we should all be prepared enough to seize luck everyday!

Anonymous said...

John, How lucky I am to know such a clear minded person. I remember doing a shows with you in the past and having such a great time! Never a dull moment.