Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Marketing with No Budget

I love variety artists. They have the coolest names.

This next question from the big Q & A came from Ken "Super K" Shute. He's a great balloon artist out of Southern California.

Ken writes:

John,

"What about marketing when there is no real budget for it, I mean, what are the things I can do that have little or no direct cost to me? "

Thanks, Ken
-----
Great question Ken.

Every entertainer in the world has asked this question at some time in their career. Sometimes it seems like if you have no money there's no place to start.

Not true!

Here are a few things you can do:

- Set up a blog that looks like a single page website. You can add video, photos and great copy. Absolutely no cost.

- Set up a Facebook Fan Page. These now get full indexing from the major search engines. Not as flexible as a blog, but is another way to get on the search engine list. No cost.

- Set up a Youtube account. Also full indexing. Use a video to drive people to your blog. No cost.

Make sure to use key words for your market, your art and your area and have each site link to the others.

But believe me brother, if it's only internet marketing your doing, it's not enough. Here's an excerpt from my Rebel Entertainer’s Success System that talks about that exact subject.


If I Only Had $100.00
to get My Entire Marketing Campaign
Off The Ground,
What Would I Do?

I’ve been asked this many times. Down and dirty, here’s what I’d do. I’d sit down and put together two kick-ass sales letters (doesn‘t cost a thing). I’d buy a domain name from Godaddy.com (about $10.00). I would have a friend put the long sales letter on a website as a 1 page website (a friend would do it for free). Then I would get a list from the internet of the people I want to sell to (also free). I would then sit on the phone and call them to introduce myself and find out if they were interested in my service. I would then ask if I could fax over a list of my services (faxing is free if you have a fax machine or can use a friend’s). The fax would be the shorter of the 2 kick-ass sales letters that would ask for the sale and, if they thought they needed more info, direct them to my website.

This whole process would cost about $10.00 - $15.00 and done right, would make a lot of sales. The only other thing it would cost is time.

Now, of course you can replace the website with a blog and do the entire thing for by yourself for free.

There ya’ go. Some quick tips for absolutely no cost.

By the way, if you want more info on my Rebel Entertainers Success System, just click on it.

If you like these tips, spread the word.

I welcome your comments and experiences.

-John Abrams
Rebel Entertainer and Guy that's been there
http://www.blogger.com/www.rebelentertainers.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.facebook.com/rebelentertainer
http://www.blogger.com/www.twitter.com/johnabrams1

4 comments:

Mark Wurst said...

Hey John,

Great information!! This is a technique that I have used in several different markets and the great thing about it is that you can do it any time. If you have extra money in your marketing budget, great! But when you're having a slow month, just pick up the phone and drive people to your web page. Thanks for all the killer tips, my friend!!

~ Mark

Lou Serrano said...

What a great post. There is so much that can be done with little or no budget. All it takes is the desire to find a way, anything else is an excuse.

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure." - Don Wilder

I enjoy reading your thoughts. Keep up the great work!

Lou Serrano

Unknown said...

Thanks John for sharing. I am also still a firm believer in GET TO STEPPn'! Footwork to instigate referrals has always worked best me. I find getting others to refer me and sing my praises for me works better than pulling a phone sales job.

Super K! Put on your Super Boots and get out there, mingle and if it makes you feel better, just sing MY jingle ;0).

Carmen (CharmandHappy.com) Tellez

Rebel Entertainers said...

For anybody reading this, know that the three people that commented on this particular blog are VERY SUCCESSFUL ENTERTAINERS.

They know they're stuff. Listen to their advice.

Thanks Mark, Lou & Carmen

- John