Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Google yourself lately?

Pardon the dirty sounding title to this email. But this is something I do about once a month. And you should do.

OK. We’re really not talking about anything outrageous. I’m suggesting that every few months you take a look at the internet for your own listings.

You never know what’s gonna come up. Just the other day I Googled “Magician John Abrams” (me) and I was surprised at what I saw.

Of course, I found out if my websites were getting the ranking that I wanted, but I discovered a lot more. I found web links to newspaper articles that I’ve been in (and didn’t even know it), links to newsletters with my name and all sorts of assorted stuff that I can now use for my own personal promotion.

I put a couple of pics on this blog that I found in a news report that I may or may not use. But at least now I have them.

With everybody carrying around a camera in their phone nowadays, and with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and all the other social networking sites, you may find a gold mine in promotional photos that are starring you.

Here’s a couple of ideas to get you started.

- Google your Name
- Google your Name plus your art (ie. John Abrams Magician)
- Google your art and city, state or area (ie.. Jugglers in Texas)
- Google your key words (ie. Kids parties in Los Angeles or Corporate Magicians in Talahassee)

You can also search Yahoo, Ask, or any other search engine you can think of.

Remember, if it’s in the news, it’s something you can use.

Oh, P.S. - I’ll be rolling out my coaching program next week. If you’re a children or family entertainer and want to put your career on the fast track, keep your eye out. Well don’t actually keep your eye all the way out, just watch for it.

Have fun.

John Abrams
Rebel Entertainer and Glutton for Publicity
www.rebelentertainers.com
www.facebook.com/rebelentertainer
www.twitter.com/johnabrams1

No comments: